In 2018 the DFPS Local Volunteer Coordinators were asked to provide the names and contact information for boards in each of the 11 regions. It was determined that there are 190 boards in Texas. A questionnaire was developed to document the level of support being provided. It was sent by the Executive Director of the TCCWB with the President of the TCCWB copied on each email. 74 or 38.94 per cent of the boards responded. The questionnaire and responses are as follows:
1. What is your fiscal year?
A total of 6 fiscal years were reported. 32 reported fiscal years ending 9/30, 25 reported fiscal years ending 12/31 and 14 reported fiscal years ending 8/31. Other years ended 2/28, 5/31, and 7/31.
2. What is the amount of your board’s annual budget for your current fiscal year?
The total of annual budgets reported was $49,239,652.
3. Of your budget how much is received from your county?
Total county contributions of $37,542,260 were reported.
4. What is the amount of in kind support provided by your county for the child protective services program?
24 or 32.4 per cent of the boards reported in kind contributions from counties.
5. How many volunteer hours do you estimate your board provides annually?
Boards reported an average of 600 volunteer hours per year.
6. Has your board established a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization?
38 or 51.35 per cent of boards reported they had established a non-profit 501c3 organization.
7. Is your board also the board for a Rainbow Room?
45 or 60.8 per cent of boards responding also serve as boards for Rainbow Rooms.